1. In a large bowl mix the kosher salt,dextrose, and pink salt. Mix well
2. In a separate bowl add buttermilk and mustard powder with just enough water to make it into a paste.
3.transfer meat into a stand mixture. Add the salt mixture gradually and mix on low speed. Then add paste until everything is all incorporated.
4. Transfer seasoned meat mixture to a large pan. Wrap meat mixture tightly push out any air bubbles. Refrigerate for 2 days.
5. Transfer meat into summer sausage casings, pack tightly. Prick 40-50 holes per sausage with a sewing needle.
6. Once packed transfer to smoker set to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Smoke until 150f is reached internally.
From Joe Sparata